Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November

Ideally November is a great month.

There are still some beautiful colored leaves hanging on to trees. I haven't had to shovel any snow so to speak. My boots are still in the back of my closet and my heaviest long coat remains on the hanger so far. This all means that November is going along pretty good.

I have only a few misgivings.

One thing that has caused shivers to run down my spine has been the gale force winds that push my hair and face backward everytime I step outside to buy gas or run anywhere between my car and a building. I have tried running backward, but then my face crumples forward - along with my hair.

Another thing is that every November, reporters go out to the malls and ask people if they are going to buy more or less this year than last on Christmas presents. Sure enough they've started asking people once again! And once again, people are giving the same answers, "same", or "less". What is that supposed to do for us? What kind of a news story is that year after year? I'm protesting. I say that's LAZY JOURNALISM, and a conspiracy against Christmas shopping, so there is JOURNALISM BIAS after all! Watch out for it!!!

Finally, I have had a rough time getting my car washed. I bought a car wash with a code number ten days ago. It will expire within 30 days. It's been wet on the streets since November started. I hope there is a remedy to this little issue. I certainly don't want to pay for a car wash and not be able to use it during these stressful economic times. I'm hyper-alerted to any specks of blue in the sky.

No comments: